I’ve posted this recipe previously on other sites, but I’d like my blog here to be my main storage area for recipes. I make this nearly every morning and have been doing so for the better part of a year now. Despite the name, the mixture will not impart immortality.
-100% whey protein, usually chocolate flavored one or two scoops
-1/2c frozen pitted cherries
-1/2c frozen blueberries
-1/2c frozen strawberries
-1/2c canned pumpkin puree
-1c total brand cereal
-1-1/2c whole milk
Combine ingredients in the blender in the order shown and blend until smooth. Makes about one liter of delicious, dense, calorie, and nutrient rich purple ooze. It’s not recommended to substitute fresh fruits for frozen as the frozen fruits add texture and a cooling feel.
Why each ingredient?
– protein powder – adds protein
– fruits – add vitamin C and other plant stuff
– pumpkin – adds vitamin A precursors alpha and beta carotene
– total cereal – has lots of nutrients, but I added it for the Iron
– whole milk – fat is needed to aid absorption of carotenes